Baby language expression
Sometimes parental childcare will feel very difficult to understand the thoughts and wishes of the child when the child is not talking. To help parents understand the younger, baby sign language was born and brought a lot of benefits.
Children always find some way to convey your intentions. Since before the child is born, the child communicates through movement and response to external stimuli. When you hear the voice of the parents or a familiar piece of music, even barking dogs will rock your baby in the womb or bicycle. Infants want interaction from the time the child can move.
So after birth, the child continues interaction by crying, limb movements, glancing and trying to concentrate with your eyes. But before they are able to study to talk and speak clearly, the child may be disappointed in their efforts to transmit information. Children know what their demands are, but to parents can understand the need for mutual understanding.
Children’s sign language is what?
Proponents of the adoption of the child sign language that this technique is mean to help children are not talking to interact with parents and careers. With these skills have been developed for the deaf, you should teach babies to explain what they need through their hands. Conversely, parents use the voice, the face and their hands to impart. Basically, baby sign language is created to support infants using the skills instinctively to help parents understand the child.
Which age of children can I start teaching them?
There is no specific requirement about the best age to begin to teach children to learn sign. Most programs recommend that should not apply to children under 6 months of age, for that period, children cannot control a lot of hand gestures. From 6 to 9 months is considered the best time to begin teaching children. If parents want to teach children early also no harm, but should not feel reluctant to children.
Attract the attention of children and hold their attention for ten seconds is a good start and is one of the signs that the child is ready.
But before that, parents can take steps to prepare for receiving the signs or signals about what young children want. Vocals, and the sound of children crying, the child’s facial expressions, how they move or respond to parents is the way that children communicate. Parents need time to grasp these signs and do not always see.
The benefits of using sign language of the child are what?
A proponent of the application of sign language to children is very beneficial. There are a number of common interests as follows:
- Enhance communication between parents and children. Typically, the original parents can take time and effort into learning sign language for children. If parents find that this is beneficial and they can remember how to apply, they can apply to the children later.
- Children’s sign language created a tool to convey what they want before they speak and before the language skills fully developed.
- This may reduce the frustration for the child when the child cannot communicate because they are too small.
- Baby sign language helps build confidence and self-esteem. When children feel their parents are trying to understand the child, the child will feel more confident.
- Helping the transition to the stage to talk easier. Symbol of children creates a natural transition and easier for children to learn to talk so kids are familiar with the notation will feel more motivated to learn to speak.
- Regarding long-term interests, not always applicable. When a child can learn to speak and use words to communicate what they want, sign language will not be effective. Although the benefits of enhancing the interaction are lifelong. The child is capable of strong emotional connection through interaction with their parents; tend to feel safer when I grow up.